Saturday, November 24, 2007

"Ooh, too big of a gesture."

Pretty much everyone is aware of my keen interest in Hollywood and the stories & scandals of celebs. One year, a friend gave me a subscription to People Magazine, something I can't justify buying for myself but salaciously enjoyed each week.

Fortunately I have other friends who share this same morbid curiosity. With one friend in particular, let's call her "Schmenise" to protect her secret, we will remark at how involved we can get with their lives, being sad and disappointed when we learn of an impending divorce of a couple we actually thought had a chance (i.e. Reese & Ryan). We have similarly strong feelings about Ben & Jennifer Garner, whom I initially did not like together (Ben had just been in his Jenny-from-the-block phase with greased hair and an arrogant attitude to match. As a side note, both he and Jenny-from-the-block seem to have settled down nicely and appear happy) but am now pleased with.

I came across part of an interview with Glamour Magazine & Jen G. that made me laugh and like her even more.

Glamour: You’ve landed on plenty of “Beautiful People” lists, but you’ve also referred to yourself as a “huge dork.” How is that possible?
JG: Trust me, I can be awkward. I tend to make big gestures. Ben and I went to a Red Sox game, and when the mascot came up to us, I hugged it. The pictures showed up everywhere. Ben and I were both like, “Ooh, too big of a gesture.” Why did I have to hug the sock? Just say hello like a normal person.

It's funny because a.) she does always seem so happy and enthusiastic, and b.) I could imagine myself doing something that was "too big of a gesture" and then later feeling like a dork. Glad some women in Hollywoodland are keepin' it real.

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

I like her too. :)

b said...

Add me to the Jen G. fan list, and am not otherwise much of a fan. (like Reese as well.)

Kelly, I could not see you making big, dorky gestures. May be spilling spaghetti sauce on your shirt, but not big dorky gestures. Me, on the other hand: "huge dork."