Friday, November 23, 2007

Notable Quotables

I like quotes. I'm a collector of quotes, of sorts. On Quoteland this morning I noticed that they had some interesting categories, including bread, eggs & homosexuality. (Who knew quotes about such topics would be so notable?) I was of course curious about what might be contained in these sections, so I thought I'd give you a sampling:

On Bread...
"Bread is like dresses, hats and shoes -- in other words, essential!" (Emily Post)

On Eggs...
I'm frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. I've never tasted it. " (Alfred Hitchcock)

On Homosexuality...
"I became a lesbian out of devout Christian charity. All those women out there are praying for a man and I gave them my share." (Rita Mae Brown)

So on this day after the day of giving thanks, I want to thank Rita for her sacrifice. Unmarried 30-somethings the world over thank you!

No comments: