Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ahhh...turkey!

Well, I gotta say, this year was another winner. The turkey and resulting drippings, which were turned into a tasty gravy were oh so delicious, if I do say so myself. And all of the accompanying dishes contributed by each of my guests were consumed with enthusiasm.
..
.

It was a great time with great food and great company. And as I sit here, sad to realize this was the last time I'll have this party with these friends, I am simultaneously enormously grateful for each and every person here tonight (Clockwise below: Rama, Dave, Tim, Sarah, Julia, Jeremy, Adam, Charlyn, Kirsten, Jeff, Mike, Matt, Brandi, Denise, Lauren & Molly). They are among my most favorite people in the entire world, and I'm going to miss all of them, as I do those unable to be here tonight because they live far, far away, in places like Portland.

6 comments:

Abby... the Oregonian said...

thanks for the pics of the party. glad you all had fun, but missed you last night. what's up with julia and jeremy, are they back together...

b said...

Great party, Kell. M has been to 3 TP's and I, all 5. We were talking on the way home about how each year has had a character of its' own.

Molly W. said...

It was FAB as usual Kel, thanks for going to all that work -I LOVE that tradition.

Phoebe said...

I need to work on the whole Brining thing. Instructions?

Kellyry said...

Two words on brining: Williams-Sonoma. I've used their mix for the past 3 years and I am convinced it's the key to the most succulent, moist turkey ever. That, coupled with a flavorful butter to baste with, and you're almost guaranteed a winner. I suggest brining almost 24 hours if you can.

Rama said...

We had a lot of fun. Thanks for a great evening, and, as usual, a very yummy turkey. The only gravy I ever seem to like is yours!