Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun with cats! (Or alternately titled: "Look at what the cat drug in! Literally.")

Ginger is out of town this weekend so I spent a lazy Sunday morning on the couch reading a book with the sliding doors opened to let the cool fall air in. The dog lay upstairs napping and the cat, sweet little Quizmo, wandered in and out, occasionally coming by me begging for a scratch behind the ears.

At one point he brought me a little present.

The present made sounds.

Like "Chirp! Chirp!"

Unfortunately for the bird, Quizmo had it in mind to play with his new friend a little bit. Unfortunately for Quizmo, the bird wasn't too keen on the "batting" game, and tried to fly away, succeeding twice until he was captured once again by the swift and agile Quizmo who jumped on many a chair and cabinet to reach his feathery friend. The bird flew at me at one point, hitting the mirror above me head as I jumped out of the way!

Suffice to say I was freaking out.

With the bird in Quizmo's mouth I quickly picked the cat up and dropped him outside, shutting the sliding door. Quizmo, however, was determined to get inside and from the backyard headed toward the doggie door. Wise to his plan I managed to shut the laundry door just in time to hear the slap of the plastic door hit shut. The next several minutes brought a flurry of sounds in the laundry room as Quizmo tried to push his present underneath the door. Much to his dismay, all that made it through were feathers.
That's when I headed to Molly's for leftover cake.

I truly had no idea what to do with what I assumed was a now dead bird in who knew how many pieces in our laundry room. When I arrived home this evening, Quizmo meowing up a storm from inside the laundry room, I tepidly opened the laundry room door, afraid of what I might see. Feathers galore, but no blood or bite-sized birdie pieces. Thank the good Lord! With my dustpan and mini broom in hand, I managed to sweep up the dead body of Quizmo's latest victim without too much fuss.

I left the feathers for Quizmo's mommy.

4 comments:

Molly W. said...

SO foul. Glad you didn't have too much to deal with behind the door-ICK!

DeniseMarie said...

I have no intelligent or witty commentary to make on this post. It just made me laugh, which felt really good this Monday morning.

b said...

Foul is the perfect word, Molly. Foul. Foul. Foul.

Cats are from hell.
Birds are disgusting too. But cats are Satans' apprentices.

Ginger...blue skies tomorrow said...

My kitty is not foul - he is not from hell either and I truly doubt he has met Satan. Even though I would have freaked right along with Kelly you got to love his determination to share his prize with Kelly. He likes her - sorry Kel, that may mean you get more prizes! BUT he is VERY cute and it least he doesn't eat them.