Thursday, October 18, 2007

Samuel the Great

One of my two favorite nephews, Samuel, turned 8 yesterday. His birthday requests were Wing Stop for dinner, Sponge Bob sugar decorations on his birthday cake (white cake with chocolate frosting) and lots of Legos. I gave him books. (Yes, I'm that aunt, although once he actually stops to look inside the books, I just know he's going to love them.)

Yesterday I proposed that if I end up in Boston, he has to go to Harvard or MIT, and that I'd cook his favorite dinners for him at least a couple times a week. (I offered to do his laundry too, but then rescinded the offer because I believe boys should know how to do their own laundry. His mom agreed.)

Unfortunately he said that he didn't want to go to Harvard or MIT, that is, until we reassured him he wouldn't have to go tomorrow; he could wait 10 years or so.

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY, SAMUEL! I HOPE YOU FELT AS LOVED AS YOU TRULY ARE!

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

Darling pics! Its amazing how much Bailey looks like Kir! Cuties...

b said...

I LOVE IT! You are the best aunt. Ever.

I could totally see Sam at Harvard or MIT.