Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I HEART Coffee Cake

One of my favorite breakfast indulgences is coffee cake. Which is why when I was in charge of bringing dessert to class last night, the Costco coffee cake caught my eye. The Bisquick coffee cake is especially delicious, and was a childhood treat that I fondly remember (suggestion: double the amount of streusel topping and smush some of it down into the cake part so it's marbled throughout).

The nice thing about bringing a dish is that you usually get to take home any leftovers...

5 comments:

b said...

Bisquick coffee cake is one of my fondest childhood memories too.

And ya know, I'm surprised that I still find it so great! (with the extra streusel topping, of course.)

Is the Costco one good? It was tempting me on my last trip...but I bought the cinnamon rolls instead. They were damn good.

b said...

Remember when we thought we were SO gourmet for turning out BCC?

Kellyry said...

Oh yeah, the Costco coffee cake is delicious, especially warmed slightly. It has a rick, cinnamon-scented, buttery flavor, and I love the semi-crunchy streusel crumbles on top. Yum.

(And yes, we were very gourmet!)

John-Arne said...

Hmm.. you like coffee-cake.. hmm.. what about Tiramisu?

Kellyry said...

American "coffee cake" doesn't have coffee in it. I imagine the name 'coffee cake' came about because it was a breakfast bread that you eat while drinking your morning coffee.

I don't like anything with coffee in it. :-)