Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Announcing Boston Arrival from Los Angeles

After an uneventful overnight (no first class :- ) flight from LAX to Boston, I arrived in the wee hours of the morning. I was delighted to see how easy it was to take the Silver Line "T" (metro/train) directly from the airport terminal.

After 2 easy train changes and a lovely 4-block walk across cobblestone streets in the cool, gray weater, I arrived at our temporary home. Jan, John-Arne (hereafter known as "J & J-A") and I will be staying at a cozy little apartment on Montgomery & Dartmouth, not far from Copley Square in the Back Bay district.

The nice thing about taking a red-eye east is that you arrive early in the morning with a full day ahead. J & J-A will arrive into Boston this evening (coming in from somewhere else in New England where they've been touring the area since Saturday), just in time for dinner. As for my plans today, I'm deciding between a couple of museums or heading out to Cambridge & Harvard. However, first item on the agenda is breakfast...Check back later to see where I end up!

PS. This city is as charming as I remember. It is already clear why it captured my heart four or so years ago. Whether it is to be my future home or not, my heart will always belong a little bit to Boston.

2 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

What a nice surprise that you're blogging while away! So glad to hear your travels were smooth, and I envy your train ride and walk over cobblestones in the brisk morning air..... Enjoy your adventures today! You're missed.

b said...

I am SOO jealous. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Boston. Have fun og hilse!