Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cleaning

I still have to clean my cleaning cupboard. Is that an oxymoron? I think you get what I mean.

Cleaning the last of the dregs in a home is just about the worst thing ever. Except maybe having rabies, or lice or something. I tried to finish off the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room Monday night but after throwing 8 black trash bags of stuff away, with a few more on the horizon, I had to leave. It was too depressing and overwhelming. I had the inescapable desire to just bury my head in the sand, a la ostrich. Instead I ate jambalaya rice at Kir's and checked out the kids' jack-o-lanterns.

But now I have to return to finish it all tonight; it is, after all, the last day of the month and I'm technically supposed to completely vacate my apartment before tomorrow...

BTW, I feel I should give a great big SHOUT OUT! to Jeff, Pops & Lalen for their OUTSTANDING and sacrificial service this past Sunday in helping me move. And a big thanks in advance to Ginger who has agreed to tackle the last of the last with me tonight.

"I've got a friend(s) in you (all)!"

And one last note on cleansing...should you find me in a less-than-patient mood over the next 17 days, it's only because my colon is being cleansed, which requires me to eat, like, nothing good. But never fear, I'll finish just in time to muck it up on the occasion of my Turkey Party. Great timing! The Dr. will be so pleased.

Happy Halloween, all!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Mmmm....Colon cleansing. That sounds like fun. You'll have to send me the recipe for that one too....

Abby... the Oregonian said...

kelly, i love the picture you posted with this... i need it hanging in my living room, although since it looks like that outside 24/7 maybe i need a portrait of the sun!!!

DeniseMarie said...

I actually really like cleaning a newly-moved-out-of home or apartment. There's no furniture or knicknacks to maneuver or dust, and the cleaning process is completely straightforward. It's like a blank canvas open for me to dust and polish and vacuum to my heart's content. And when you're all done it's just dustless baseboards and windowsills, sparkling sinks, and carpet lined with beautiful vacuum track marks as far as the eye can see. Oh, how I love those! If I didn't still have a recovering husband at home, I'd happily be there scrubbing away....

Molly W. said...

Hey! what about me?!! I tried to help! You just didn't need me when I could be there!!

Sara said...

I'm gonna miss my neighbor. :( It's been so quiet around the complex the past couple days.