Sunday, February 10, 2008

I said, "Brrrrr! It's COLD out here!"

Never more appropriate is that line from Bring it On than it is right now in Chicago when it's so cold your nose hairs freeze and your eyebrows are lightly dusted with frost. Although in the 24-hours that I've been here I have heard a couple people tell me how it's even worse in Minnesota or Wisconsin, as if to say, "So suck it up, Sissie!"
.

With that said, so long as you dress appropriately and have nice friends who wear the same size shoe as you and so can loan you a pair of toasty UGGS (thanks, Liz!), you will manage to live through the cold Chicago winter. Liz said that if I survived today, I can survive living in Chicago. Now I feel hard core.
.
Being in Chicago these two times has been a bit like being back in Pasadena; just colder. On this trip Liz & I had the pleasure of a visit from recently-moved-to-Michigan-Julia and Jeremy, who was in town visiting Jules for the weekend. Just 2-hours away in Kalamazoo, MI, they made the trip to Chi for the day. Lunch at Stella's Diner where we watched the snow flurries fall, followed by a nap, dinner at Giordano's and a show at Second City rounded out our day together.



Today Liz & I took advantage of "Free February" and visited the Art Institute which was free to visitors. Finally, I could see Seurat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte. We also saw American Gothic, the very first piece of "art" I ever owned, purchased when I was 15. It still hangs in my old bedroom at my parent's house. There were a couple other paintings I wouldn't mind hanging in my home if I had a few million dollars to spare.




After the museum we headed to Millenium Park and "The Bean" to see an outdoor ice exhibit. As you can see, the (heart-shaped) peeps made an appearance.
Thai food, manicures and Sex and The City completed our day.

5 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, my friend. We're thinking of you....

jen said...

i think i have somehow mangaged to miss the love for peeps ... they seem to make an appearence in your travels recently. do tell the story of your deep love for peeps...

Creative Mama said...

hey... tomorrows the big day... i pray you will be filled with peace... and health...

Molly W. said...

Looks like you are having fun friend! Wish I could've seen Jules too!!

b said...

PS. That peep looks more like butt cheeks than a heart.