Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Imagine Me & You

I do.
I think about you day and night,
.
.
it's only right,
.
.
to think about the girl you love,
.
.
and hold her tight, so happy together!

If I should call you up and wish to dine,
.
.
will you say you belong to me, and ease my mind
.
.
SCREECH!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
Portland said NO.
.
.
Sigh. I'm sorry to all those I know and love in Portland, or who plan to move to Portland. I tried, I really did. But in the face of such obvious elimination of my two top choices, I must follow where He leads. In that there is comfort in rejection.
.
My interview in Denver is this weekend, but they'd have to really wow me to prefer them over Chicago.
.
Lord, are you there? It's me, Kelly...Am I really moving to Chicago this summer?

7 comments:

Molly W. said...

BOO to Portland saying no! The only thing I'm clinging to in light of this news is that the Lord is going to put me and Adam in IN (or IL too) and he wants us to be close in proximity. :)

Abby... the Oregonian said...

kelly, the news didn't hit me till this morn when i read it in print... i feel sad.

Ginger...blue skies tomorrow said...

Well - God is surely closing doors!

jen said...

portland sucks anyway (sorry abs), too cold and rainy .... chicago has better shopping :)

b said...

I'm sorry, Kell. Selfishly, we hoped to live close to you...

Jan said...

We're sorry about that ... but hey, maybe Chicago (or Denver!) will be absolutely awesome. We are *SO* going to visit you, no matter where you end up :)
Hugs, J & JA

Phoebe said...

I am SAD now.