Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to Me!

Yarelli from the admissions department at The Chicago School just called to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day in her own way....

I AM IN!

Ironic that this morning I was investigating Master's programs, in fear that I wouldn't get accepted to any Doctoral program and I'd be forced to reconsider my plans. A sense of calm and peace came over me during the call and I knew that if I did not get interviews or acceptance to Denver or Portland, that I can rest knowing that God made it clear he wanted me in Chicago. Just like I dared him to do. (I don't suggest daring God on such things...)

Less than 30 minutes later I got a phone call from Denver inviting me for an interview.

Happy Valentine's Day!

(Photo by PhoenixFeather on Flickr)

11 comments:

Molly W. said...

YAY FOR KELLY!!!!!! I'm not at all surprised but very proud. :)

Liz said...

Congratulations!!!
P.S. The peeps in this picture look better than the ones at the Bean. :)

Sara said...

Congrats, Kelly! That is so exciting. Can't wait to hear the final outcome.

DeniseMarie said...

I couldn't be more thrilled or proud of you. And thankful to God for His Valentine's gift to you of PEACE OF MIND.

Creative Mama said...

HOORAY FOR YOU! Kelly... I'm soo excited for you!!! and the VERY CLEAR direction your headed in...

many hugs and kisses to you today...

Jan said...

That's great news, Kelly! Happy Valentine's Day :-)
Hugs from us

b said...

SUPER COOL- GOO KELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoebe said...

Yay! Although I would be happier if some other schools would make some decisions!!

Kim said...

so so so so proud!!!!

jen said...

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats! what a great way to celebrate valentines day and the long weekend!!!!

i am SOOO proud of you!

Michelle said...

Kelly - I can only imagine you excited you must feel! But to quote a violin virtuoso, "They have the nerve to call me GENIUS! After 40 years of practicing my violin 14 hours a day ...!"

You EARNED this and you DESERVE this!!!

:O)