Monday, February 25, 2008

Verizon made me do it.

It's Girl Scout cookie season! I thought I'd let you know in case you haven't already been attacked by your friendly local Girl Scouts outside of your grocery store. Normally I pass this fundraiser by. I can easily justify not contributing to obesity through cookies, right? This year, however, I was approached by 2 little girls I know personally, with their sweet little smiles begging me to drink the Kool-Aid and contribute to the cause. A fan of lemon, I decided to order 1 box of their new Lemon Chalet Cremes and 1 box of my faves, Samoas. From each girl. So now I have 2 boxes of Lemon Chalet Cremes and 2 boxes of Samoas.

All total, that's 4,640 calories of charitable goodness.

This afternoon at work I've had to call Verizon to rip them a new...er, I mean, complain nicely about their screwup in applying the payment appropriately...YET AGAIN. This has to be--at least!--the third time I've called in the last 9 months. That's screwing up 33% of the time in case you were wondering. (That Stats class I took last summer has come in handy!)

You may be wondering what Girl Scout cookies and waiting on hold with Verizon have to do with each other. Or, if you've ever waited on hold with Verizon, you may have already put 2+2 together to equal 4 cookies. But you'd be wrong. It's just 1 cookie.


Oh wait. Another 14 minutes, 47 seconds has gone by since I took this picture. I guess I have to have another cookie. And if they "accidentally" hang up on me before fixing the problem I swear to the Lord on high I will eat the whole box! This, my friends, is what's called COPING SKILLS.

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

ay yi yi...well, enjoy the cookies at least and don't think about the calories until later. :)

Jeremy said...

the prices went up this year too!