Monday, August 20, 2007

The ugly truth about infidelity

As some of you know, I willingly and pre-meditatedly committed adultery this weekend on my 17+ year-long relationship with Joe.

Joe is my hair stylist.

The mistress: Cassandra, from Technicolour Salon in Redlands, CA
(Photo borrowed from Denise)

And I've now learned first hand that there is an ugly side to being unfaithful. Things don't always go as smoothly as one might hope.

I arrive for my appointment 15 minutes early, and am told that she is running 15 minutes or so late. An hour after my scheduled appointment time I'm finally sitting in Cassandra's chair with her full attention. Unfortunately, due to my time constraints (I needed to leave no later than 3 hours after my scheduled time) and her tardiness, I had to choose whether she would do cut or color, as there wasn't time to do both. (For first time clients, she needs at LEAST 3 hours to do a full cut & color consultation and then do the actual cut and color. So there wouldn't have been enough time, or at the very least, she would have been very rushed--not something I want when I'm with someone new. I just wish they'd told me that when I booked and I could have arranged my schedule accordingly.)

Fortunately, we were able to schedule my return visit for color for this Wednesday evening so that I don't have to go to Portland with my hair unfinished.

Cause that would be a travesty.

Here is my work in progress hair. (Sorry for the camera-phone pics)

Let's just hope I don't run into Joe anytime soon...

1 comment:

Liz said...

I like it!