Friday, August 24, 2007

Portland: I & II

I'm too tired to be original with the title. Sorry to all of you who read my blog for the witty titles (I really do try most of the time). I'm just a wee bit tired. You see, people in Portland walk a lot. Or at least we have been.

Arrived yesterday afternoon after getting a little lost (and by little I mean I was told 4 different times to take various routes and each time was directed in the wrong direction) trying to find our hotel (suffice to say I was not in the best of moods; I believe I told Brandi, "I hate this city already." Forgive me Portland, for I actually like you quite a lot!). Our hip & cool hotel is located right by the quaint Nob Hill neighborhood (just blocks from the über trendy Pearl District), where great restaurants, stores and cafes are within walking district.

(I have a feeling this post will contain a lot of parenthetical remarks. You are forewarned.)

On last night's after-dinner walk we passed an amazing old home that had been converted into apartments. Today we arranged a time to look at it--our curiosity couldn't stand not knowing if the inside was as amazing as the outside. We were not disappointed. My word, was it great! Sorry, no pictures of that. (But if you have a spare $2250 to give me each month I can live there and you can come see it any time you want.)

The rest of today went by in a flash as I wrote a paper (Due via email by 6pm tonight!), and we took a streetcar to the Pearl District to spend some time strolling, and of course, visit the world's largest bookstore, Powells. (I do have pictures of that.)

Dinner at Daily City and a walk back all lead me to this point, dear readers, where I sit on my bed staring at the orange covered tent that is dear Audrey's little bed, and contemplate whether I should study (boo!) or finish a book (yeah!).

The book wins.

3 comments:

Molly W. said...

In the words of Janet Jackson "Come back to me, I'm beggin' you please" -miss you Kel!

DeniseMarie said...

I second Molly's emotion. You're missed. And in these last few days without you, I think I've decided that you're not allowed to move away. Call me selfish. Go ahead, do it.

DeniseMarie said...

Hey, I just noticed that A is wearing the shirt I gave her! I feel a little bit better now, I guess. :) But just a little.