Thursday, August 30, 2007

Advice to my younger self:

(And to my nieces and nephews and future progeny)

When taking college courses, either commit or quit. Poor grades resulting from A.) lack of dedication, or B.) failure to follow the requirements of dropping/withdrawing from classes you decide against taking after registering for them (and the professor fails to drop you despite the fact that you never attended the class, took tests, etc) WILL HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Case in point:
*Forcasted GPA upon graduation from APU = 3.82
*Cumulative GPA including all bad grades (whether resulting from A or B above) = 3.06-3.15
*"Suggested" minimum GPA for consideration by Grad Schools = 3.5 (not sure if this minimum is the cumulative GPA or GPA upon graduation)

This is one of those situations where I am reminded as I type this that God already knows what will happen and if it truly is His plan for me to pursue my Psy. D. then somehow, someway, I will get in to a program despite the sins of my youth.

I just hate the waiting. The wondering.

3 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

HUG.

Creative Mama said...

Truly you have made it very far in a VERY short time... psy D or not... you have pursued your education... something you've not pursued whole heartedly... until now... be encouraged... that God knows the journey he wants for you...

Molly W. said...

I'm sorry Kel...it is amazing how a bad semester/class, etc can haunt you...I definitely had a similar experience. :( (bad freshman year...great jr and sr year = blah GPA) sigh.....