Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walk with Carol

Carol and I met for lunch yesterday and an impromptu photowalk around the neighborhoods of Old Town and River West, both really cool neighborhoods with unique styles. One classic elegance, the other industrial/urban. Both areas sparked my interest for future photo shoots.

Lunch at Corner Bakery fortified us for our walk.

Feb9_0001

The cool thing about walking with other photographers is realizing how different we see the things around us.
Feb9_0004
Feb9_0009
Feb9_0027
Feb9_0064Feb9_0054
While taking pictures on a bridge we met a budding photographer who we talked cameras, lenses & ISO with for a while. These are always fun and educational chats.
Feb9_0061Feb9_0080
Feb9_0082
We passed so many cool doors and windows. I tried several angles and distances trying to capture this particular doorway, but to no avail. So Carol gave it a try.
You Try
While waiting for the bus, I played with capturing bokeh from the lights of the oncoming traffic.
Feb9_0087Feb9_0088Feb9_0091

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

I love how intentional you are, and how you take every opportunity to learn...and I especially love how then you share that w/ me. :)