Thursday, February 05, 2009

Cupcakes make the frustration go away

Printing all of my practicum application materials at school turned into a mini-nightmare this afternoon requiring me to make a return trip to the office supply store to purchase 2 more boxes of nice paper. I was seriously about to go all Office Space (naughty language warning!) on the printers at school.

Something good did come out of this extra errand; I discovered a new cupcake shop in town, Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique. And since they had mini cupcakes, I bought a few to share with a friend who was just as frustrated back at school as I was. Many of the flavors were picked over due to it being late in the day, but I was able to try the Vanilla-Vanilla (always my personal fave), Vanilla-Chocolate & Red Velvet. Yum!
5Feb_0003
5Feb_00075Feb_0008
5Feb_00145Feb_0006
5Feb_0010
5Feb_00215Feb_0018
Just as I thought I was going to get away with taking pictures inside their shop one of the ladies asked me why I was taking pictures and who I was with. Busted, I quickly explained that I had recently moved from LA to Chicago and that I had a blog where I shared my discoveries in my new city (partially true, right?). I promised I would not be profiting from the photos, they were simply for my blog readers' enjoyment. So enjoy!

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

Um, you WILL be taking me there when I make my way to Chicago. :) And BOO on not being able to snap away freely!