Thursday, February 12, 2009

I've never been a snacker.

That is, until I started grad school.

I've always been the type to prefer to save my calories for 3 decent-sized meals rather than snacking in between. I find snacking lessens the appetite to the degree that it makes the actual meal less enjoyable. And that's a shame! I want to really enjoy that sandwich or chicken teriyaki or (the occasional) salad. With hours of class to sit through with 10 minute breaks here and there, I found that bringing a selection of snacks helps to keep me focused and in a state of learning. It had been forever since I'd been to the grocery store but a recent trip to Jewel (the Albertson's of the Midwest) stocked me up so now I can just grab a few snacks to stash in my backpack for later.
Snacks
Stocked in the bowl: 100-Calorie Sandies (bits of delightful vanilla-crunchyness!), Fiber One Peanut Butter Bars (YUM!), 100-Calorie Snack Mix (the perfect salty pick-me-up!), Honey Oat Crispy Granola Bars (oh, the crispy, honey goodness!), Peanut Butter Crackers (so cheap but so good!), and for a real treat, Snickerdoodles (oh the soft cinnamon & sugar!). I like these snacks. In the fridge you'll find cups of natural applesauce, grapes, tangerines and carrots.

I didn't use to be a snacker. Past tense.

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

well, at least your being "good" and eating healthy snacks, unlike me these days! I had a chocolate heart for dinner last night...nice.