Sunday, February 15, 2009

Promontory Point

Every time I go to work I pass Promontory Point. I had this vision to photograph the area covered in a blanket of snow, but with the recent warm temps melting all the snow away I grew impatient and decided to explore the area yesterday afternoon before work. The day was grey and a little hazy with occasional patches of blue skies so I helped the photos along with a little creative editing (dodging & burning - a selective darkening/lightening technique) to up the drama factor. While I don't ever want to rely on Photoshop to improve my technical skills, it's fun to add a little umph & drama to what might otherwise have been a boring photo.

For fun, here are some before & afters.
PromPointFeb09_0046UnEd
PromPointFeb09_0046
PromPointFeb09_0008UnEd
PromPointFeb09_0008
PromPointFeb09_0026UnEdPromPointFeb09_0026
PromPointFeb09_0029UnEdPromPointFeb09_0029
PromPointFeb09_0015UnEd
PromPointFeb09_0015
PromPointFeb09_0007UnEd
PromPointFeb09_0007

3 comments:

Creative Mama said...

lovely kel... really admire your dedication to your art... your getting some amazing images... always refreshing

Molly W. said...

I was doing some ol' dodging and burning myself yesterday...although, nothing turned out this good! :) I always appreciate before/after shots, amazing to see all that can be done! Lovely as always!

DeniseMarie said...

I love dodge and burn!