Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Art of Retouching

As a budding photographer (hobbyist) I can get discouraged when I see professional photographers' work. The lighting and color is just right, there is always the perfect depth of field and composition and angle. Man how I wish I could shoot like they do!

And then I'm reminded that they rarely get that perfect shot without a little help from Adobe...

Check out Glenn Feron's The Art of Retouching. Click on an individual photo and then pass your cursor over it to see what the the image looked like straight out of the camera. Or visit Sugar Digital's "retouching" tab and click the before & after shots. Ok, I don't feel so bad now.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Kelly-
I completely agree about getting discouraged, although you are far better than I am. My good friend is a photographer and she just did a blog entry on this subject too and actually showed her process. Here is her link to check out. But keep in mind that your photos are amazing!

http://www.katiedisimone.com/blog/

Molly W. said...

that website is crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Kel- Me and Bran were just talking about how amazing your photograph skills are! You truly have the "eye" for it! No need to be discouraged honey! You are amazing! =)

Kim said...

Those websites are C-R-A-Z-Y! I mean, they shorten toes... weird. No wonder everyone looks so stunning on magazine covers!