Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Project 365: Wanna join?

There are a number of them going around, with one group on Flickr that collects shots of those who are participating in the challenge. The assignment is to photograph something each and every day for an entire year. It's a challenge I've considered for a while now, but held back at the commitment, and from wondering whether I'd actually find something interesting to photograph each day.

But now I'm ready for the challenge! Most of all, on the 366th day, I'm eager to look back on the collection I've amassed and do something fun with it, like turning it into a coffee table book. How cool would it be to have a photographic record of an entire year that you made?!

Ok, I'm officially excited.

Care to join me starting May 1? Here's what I'm thinking for details:

  • Take at least one photo per day and choose one to represent that date
  • Pictures can be of anything that catches your eye: people, place or thing. Be creative and find inspiration in everything from the ground to the sky, and all areas in between. If participants find they are lacking inspiration, perhaps we can have a weekly theme to prompt us to think outside the box.
  • Feel free to post your daily photo on your own blog or, if there's enough interest, we can start a group blog just for this purpose. If interested, I could see about creating a Flickr Group for this purpose. I'll personally maintain a Set on Flickr for my own photos, and will post as regularly as possible to Hugo & I Spy.
  • Think about what you can do with these photos at the end of the year--Make an album? Turn them into postcards? Print them as a collage on paper to use as wrapping paper? I'll likely stick with an album, but am curious to hear what other creative ideas you might have to compile or display your images.
That's about all I've worked out so far. I hope a few of you will join me but even if you choose not too, you are welcome to browse what I come up with through the next year and make suggestions for themes to capture.

7 comments:

Liz said...

I'll do it! Or, at least I will try. :) Sounds like fun and will be easier with other people keeping you accountable to it. I don't know what I would do with my photos at the end of the year. I like the album idea but might be inspired by something later on. Perhaps a calendar? I like the idea of a Flickr site to house the photos at too.

DeniseMarie said...

I am willing but the flesh is weak.

I'm afraid I won't have the discipline to do it each and every day. But I'll do my best, and probably use my blog to document them using a subject tab.

Molly W. said...

Um...this is quite an undertaking! I just can't committ to doing this everyday but I look forward to gazing upon the beauty that is sure to be captured by you and Hugo. xo

jen said...

hmmm, i'll have to think about this ... it could be really really cool!

Jan said...

We're in! AND our first pic will be from Barcelona!

Liz said...

So, I heard through the grapevine (meaning my blog) that Jen Jen is IN!
And, P.S. the word verification made me spell 'bbozo'. It made me giggle.

jen said...

yep, i'm in!! i'm excited ... i hope it helps me look around with an eye to appreciate what i see.