Monday, April 07, 2008

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!!

For the second time in as many months I found myself in fabulous Bakersfield though this time, I must confess, led me to a part that was actually quite picturesque once you drove past the run down liquor stores and notable lack of lush grass.
*
My parents and I drove up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning to watch Bailey and her AYSO soccer team play in the Western US Championship games. After a win in the first round in the morning, they played again in the afternoon, this time fighting to determine who would take first and second places. As the two teams were evenly matched, it was a duel to the finish. Ahead by one goal with 12 seconds left in the game, the other team managed to score a goal to tie the game, sending it into an overtime of two 10-minute periods. Having seen a near-victory slip from their grasp so close to the end, Bailey and her teammates played hard and ended up sailing through with a glorious victory of 5-2.

*
In her primarily defensive role, Bailey played great and made us all proud with her speed, skills and attitude.




Way to go, Bailey!

6 comments:

Molly W. said...

Go Bailey!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy said...

See, Bakersfield isn't so bad now is it? hahaha

Just stay west and north of the train tracks and you will be fine. I'm still trying to figure out where this was, by BC?

Creative Mama said...

amazing photos... caiah was yelling ball ball ball... while I blog hop...

Kellyry said...

Jer- Not sure what "BC" is.... The championships were out at Kern County Soccer Park, which was a ways in a large green space area with rolling hills, a stream where people can fish, picnic benches, etc. It was quite pretty.

Jeremy said...

bakersfield college, sorry.

D-dawg said...

I hope my little girl will be that good at soccer someday. Thanks for you comment on my blog. I totally agree with you that the love languages book should be mandatory reading! It was a great book. As for the 6 word memoirs... I am commenting on this post because it would take me forever to come up with a 6 word memoir...I'm not so good at cutting back on words as you can tell from the length of this comment!