Friday, September 14, 2007

Driving Habits

In talking with Denise as she was driving on the freeway this morning, she expressed her annoyance at a driver on the road with her. This driver had signaled their intention to merge in front of her into her lane and yet hesitated to do so despite the many car lengths Denise had left for them. As her benevolence was not something I would have offered (after a few seconds of hesitation, I would have simply sped up and passed them so they could merge behind me), I said, "You're a better driver than me!" to which she replied, "Yeah, I know!"

It's nice to have friends who know and yet love me anyway, in spite of my slightly aggressive driving habits. Suffice to say I believe I could hold my own in Mexico, Boston or the Philippines.

4 comments:

b said...

I DO love you in spite of your aggressive driving habits but please don't drive like that with my precious daughter in your car.I would hope you would drive more cautiously just for your own sake.

You could definitely hold your own in Mexico, as well as in NASCAR--but since you are playing with odds, your luck is also liable to run out one day.But until you reform, I will pray protection upon you and your passengers.

Kellyry said...

Rest assured that I am well aware of the precious cargo I carry when I am driving with the kiddos.

b said...

I know you do! But I'm worried about you too!

Liz said...

I don't know how Chicago is not on that worst driver list! Talk about aggressive driving! I didn't even know how to use my horn until I moved here. :)