Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Georgia or Bust

Yesterday I left the wintery midwest and headed to the unseasonably chilly south to spend Christmas with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins & Grandpa.
Christmas08010
Our agenda for the next 8 days includes:

  • Eating
  • Making "White Trash" (a candy melange of sorts)
  • Watching TV
  • More eating
  • Baking cookies
  • Eating cookies
  • Laying around in our pajamas
  • Church
  • Cooking
  • Eating...again
  • Capturing it all for posterity
Cousin Lindsey (age 8) and I got started on the picture taking yesterday. Here's a peak at our evening:

Lindsey quizzed me on the various songs from the three High School Musical movies. I failed dismally.
Christmas08034Christmas08013
I taught her about Charlie's Angels.
Christmas08039Christmas08038
We enjoyed a moment in front of the fireplace.
Christmas08076
Christmas08148
Then Lindsey showed me her mad sliding skills, assisted by a pair of gloves.
Christmas08082Christmas08110
Christmas08086
And borrowed my camera to document some of the pets and people in the house.
Christmas08161Christmas08167
Christmas08170Christmas08173
And then I went to sleep in my cozy attic-esque bedroom with king-sized bed. Luxury!
Christmas08175

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

Oooo, so fun!! I'm glad you made it out of Chicago! Flights are being cancelled here right and left! That house looks sooo cozy and that bed, divine! Have so much fun friend, wish I could play with you during your break!

Lauren said...

That does look cozy! Have lots of fun with your family! Merry Christmas :)