Thursday, July 05, 2007

These boots are made for walkin'

And that's just what they did yesterday.

Friends Andrea & Al hosted a festive Western-USA themed 4th of July party at their home in Hermosa Beach on the Strand. So before my own festivities (see below), I got all gussied up, Country-Western style, complete with my cowboy boots that I dug out of the back of my closet.

Only problem was, it seems that nearly everyone else had the same idea to head to the beach. Suffice to say I had to park a little ways away from their place. To be precise, I parked and then had to walk over 30 minutes down to their place. Both ways. In the heat. On the beach.

And yes, I looked decidedly out of place amongst the hundreds of red-white-blue bathing suits frolicking about. In the heat. Wearing cowboy boots. At the beach.

Did I mention I had to walk 30 minutes each way?

No comments: