Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer Psychosis

(Please note the alliteration. It was intentional. Thank you.)
.....................................
psychosis. (n.d.). The American Heritage® Science Dictionary. Retrieved July 19, 2007, from Dictionary.com website:

"A mental state caused by psychiatric or organic illness, characterized by a loss of contact with reality and an inability to think rationally. "
........................................
When the summer school term started a mere 9 weeks ago, some thought I must surely be insane to take the number of summer intensive courses that I was signed up for: Abnormal Psychology, Personality Theory, Statistics, Business Ethics, and Data Analysis & Presentation. Rather than 16 weeks as is common in a semester, each class would last only 4-6 weeks...but with the same amount of material to cover.

Allow me to toot my own horn.

4 of 5 classes are hereby completed!

Most impressive of all, however, is that it was actually manageable and I did it all without losing my sanity. Sure, I spent many a sunny Saturday and Sunday reading pages and pages about Schizophrenia and Psychoanalytic theory and writing papers about ethical conundrums, but it was, for the most part, very interesting. And dare I say... enjoyable?

Ok, I must surely be psychotic.

1 comment:

DeniseMarie said...

I'm being completely genuine when I say I'm proud of you.