Sunday, February 25, 2007

Port-A-Shower

I wish I had a house. A BIG house that I could entertain groups of all sizes in. My little place isn't ideal for large dinner parties or other events, like baby & bridal showers. And so when I am hosting one, I usually have to load up my car with plates, serving pieces, glasses, silverware, food, etc., and head over to a better suited location. Today's bridal shower for Denise was no exception. I've gotten used to it though, and have containers, baskets, bags--a system, you see--to transport everything easily and without breaking things (always a good thing!).



The thing I love about throwing parties, and more specifically showers, is that each one is to celebrate a particular person that I particularly adore. Whether I'm co-hosting or doing it all by myself, it's fun to think of what that person likes--favorite foods & treats--and wrap it all up in a theme to suit the blessed occasion. Whether for a new baby or upcoming nuptials, it's such a fun time for that person, and fun for me to be a part of it. This shower was no exception in the "fun to be a part of it" occasion. I was honored to have the opportunity to celebrate my dear friend Denise and her coming marriage to a guy I think is great.

A few highlights from today's shower...


So, Cheers to Denise & Matt and your marriage in ONE MONTH FROM TODAY! I pray you both enjoy these next few weeks, with as little stress as possible. I'm thrilled to be a part of the celebration!
PS. If you want more than "highlights" visit my Yahoo "Photos of Me & Others" link to the left and look for "Denises Bridal Shower" album.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Kelly, you are amazing! That looks beautiful!

Kellyry said...

Why, thank you! :-)

Matt said...

Kelly,
Thanks so much for throwing the shower for Denise. She really enjoyed it.
Thanks from me also as I got to enjoy the leftover fondue, cookies and sandwiches.

Dang, now I'm hungry.....

Kellyry said...

And don't forget the cupcakes Matt! I saw a pic of you enjoying one. :-P