Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Brown (& pink) paper packages tied up with string (ribbon)..."

...These are a few of my favorite things!

I must give credit where credit is due. My mom and my friend Lauren are both artists (with an accent over the "i") when it comes to beautiful wrapping of packages. They take the time to choose beautiful paper and ribbon that coordinates. Then they carefully wrap and tie the ribbon so the bows are fluffy and elegant. They are my inspiration. I believe that I have finally progressed to the point where I buy paper that suits the receiver, and I refuse to tie it up with anything that is not made of natural materials.

The gifts pictured here are the prizes for a bridal shower I'm hosting for my dear friend Denise this coming Saturday. Her wedding colors are a sumptious chocolate brown and pale pink, so I had to find papers that highlighted these colors, of course. All tied with pretty pink and white ribbon. Now I just need to learn Lauren's amazing bow-tying technique; it is much admired among all who are fortunate enough to receive one of her packages.

I really do believe that it's the little touches that make life more beautiful and pleasing. And beautifully wrapped packages are just one of those touches.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have been fortunate enough to receive one of Lauren's amazing packages. They are beautiful. It looks to me that you are pretty darn close though. I would be honored to get any of the packages (or ones wrapped similarly) that you pictured. Maybe I will just hire you to wrap all my presents. :)