Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm a fan now.

For years now, I've heard about the wonderfully fabulous facials given by my esthetician friend, Melissa Samuels. As a busy mom of 3, she works limited hours & days, so it's been difficult to find a time to see her. That is, until last night.

And oh boy, was it worth it! It was relaxing, soothing, my skin felt smooth and looked glowy and oh-so-clean afterward. My previous experirences with facials left something to be desired. After Melissa, however, I can say that these will become part of my (quarterly) beauty routine.

In addition to wanting to experience a facial by Melissa, I wanted to pick her brain about my skin, the best products for it, etc. I've been using Dr. Perricone products for a few years now and have been fairly pleased with the results. With my desire to cut back on my spending now, in anticipation of when I start grad school next year, I thought I should start using less expensive products now. Melissa recommends Dermalogica (which, though not inexpensive, costs less than what I currently use), and was able to advise me on which products were not only best for my skin, but which are actually necessary for maintaining good skin. As soon as I run out of my Perricone supply, I'll be switching over.

Oh! And she gives a foot/leg rub too! An unexpected, heavenly treat. All for just $90.

Ask for her specifically at salon Madison 101 @ 626.683.1188 (101 S. Madison Ave, Pas).

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

I DITO kel's comments... I've had quite a few facials... Melissa is truly amazing... she's got a gift... I really think it's her spiritual gift... more women should give facials a try... it is really money well spent...

DeniseMarie said...

I'll be especially interested to hear what you think of Dermalogica. I switched from Cosmedicine to Murad a couple of months ago, fearing that my weird hives were an allergic reaction. Switching to Murad helped for a while, but now it's coming back again. I think it might just be my rosacea out of control, so it might be time to break down and go to a dermatologist....