Sunday, March 15, 2009

I realize I'm no longer a child when...

... for example, I am eager to sleep in my own bed after being away for a while. As a child I never wanted the party to end. At sleepovers I was always eager to stay at friends' as long as possible, for as many nights as we could get away with. Being away always seemed much more fun than being at home.

At some point over the last several years though, I became an adult. And now I hear myself uttering the words I remember my parents saying when we begged them to extend a vacation, "I just want to sleep in my own bed."

As much as I love traveling (Ireland was great!), I always enjoy being home.

Chicago did it's part in greeting me with blue skies and temps in the high-50's.

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

The double bed isn't great so I don't blame you! Hope you sleep extra great tonight.

Abby... the Oregonian said...

so true kelly, that is the one thing i dread about vacations is the poor sleep.